Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2022, 19:23   #103
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus1974 View Post
Called 150 and got through to retentions, I was trying to counter the £5.75 price increase until my deal ends in December (got a deal on an 18 month contract last July.) Was told they cant do anything at the moment as the discount I am on is one done that was done by the operator at the time and they cannot beat it. Told them I would have to think about it as the incease was to much. Called again 2 days later went through to retentions to an automated message telling me they would like to offer a £6.00 discount on the bill for 6 months and to press 1 to accept it. So I will now be calling again in 6 months time to see what they can offer
I rang them three days ago as I usually have the price increase taken off, but not this time. I told them that not doing so would result in many accounts that I control being switched elsewhere (and I would do it), but that made no difference whatsoever.

I then spoke to my contact at the CEO office who said that she would see what she could do, so I gave her 7 days to get back to me. I've just received a call to say that I won't have to pay the increase.

It sounds to me like they thought they'd be strict and insist everyone paid extra.

I've never known an automatic discount on the phone like that before. Well done, it sounds like they are receiving a backlash against the price increase. Good.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 13-01-2022 at 19:27.