View Single Post
Old 22-09-2021, 11:39   #5
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: M25 Protesters Face Prison: Injunction issued

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Since when has anybody been able to do 70mph on the M25? The fact it is jammed a lot of time, might mean the protestors have a point.

Unfortunately quiet protests/petitions are ignored and ridiculed, this gets the headlines.
Thought their point was to increase insulation in homes and properties -> lower fuel use at home. I understand they want to make a visible statement and that quiet protests are ignored but moving into live traffic on a busy motorway repeatedly isn't going to win favours.
They needed to be more varied and move protests around else they miss the headline they really want. Think guerrilla tactics, change often, skip days, protest in different places nationally. Be inventive and disrupt as little as possible - you want support not just to make a point.

Yes we do need to sort out transport especially the "infernal combustion engine" (see Harry Harrison - Stainless Steel Rat). Work from home really helped and business should keep that going. They should move hours around so avoiding "rush hour(s)".