View Single Post
Old 23-01-2019, 19:58   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Oscar Nominations 2019

Unfortunately I think this year is going to be an absolute farce and mockery of the whole awards process and spoil it for people who genuinely deserve it. Hollywood is going to be out to make a political statement big time and Roma will win a tonne of Oscars and we'll get tonnes of speeches about the border wall, Trump and inclusivity. Similarly Black Panther will be all about black actors, female actors and black directors.

That being said I am delighted Black Panther has been nominated as much as it has and I hope it wins in every category. It isn't that I think the film necessarily deserves to win per se but it represents the popular vote and superhero films as a whole. I am not going to say it is more deserving than the other nominees at the moment because I haven't seen all the films but when I have I'll come back like I did last year and make a list of who I want to win and who I think is going to win in the main categories.

I have made a summary table below of the nominees to save you scrolling endlessly through lists on websites:

In previous years there has been a large number of nominated films across the categories, I think I have had 22 films to watch at one point. This year seems more constrained and the same films are nominated in each category. If you are like me and like to watch the main contenders I have narrowed them down to the 12 in the list below:

A Star is Born Trailer
At Eternitys Gate Trailer
Blackkklansman Trailer
Black Panther Trailer
Bohemian Rhapsody Trailer
Can You Ever Forgive Me Trailer
The Favourite Trailer
Green Book Trailer
If Beale Street Could Talk Trailer
Roma Trailer
Vice Trailer
The Wife Trailer

There are a few others like Ready Player One, Solo and Incredibles 2 but I am sure most of us have seen them already.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote