View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 14:33   #1206
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, that's what I mean. If some viewers are watching the channel in HD rather than UHD, is it not possible to provide channell 999's content in HD on demand until the system is upgraded?
OB it's the V6 that is downscaling it, it's not a separate stream, it is coming into every Full House home as UHD, the V6 then goes "I'm not connected to a 4K TV, I'll only show a quarter of the pixels." The OD infrastructure at the back end isn't configured in its entirety to work with UHD yet, neither is there enough of it to fit it in, but it is being worked on, hence the Sky Cinema OD comment.

At least that is how I understand it.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote