View Single Post
Old 31-07-2019, 12:06   #179
MattGarner
cf.member

MattGarner is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
this is a very funny and long story. The top tier will be available to your area but there is a process VM go through for new builds to make sure everything is up and running properly. Another forum member moved to a newly built estate last year which VM was actively working on putting in brand new everything. The estate was still under construction and being completed in sections. Promises were made regarding connection dates and tier availability and even though half of the estate was fully completed and connected, VM waited several months for all work to be completed on the estate and additional upgrade work off the estate before they made all services fully available.

The delay is frustrating from a customers point of view because you think "just connect me and if it works great but if it doesn't no worries" but tbh I applaud VM for sticking to a robust and logical work ethic and putting quality first by making sure everything works and is in place to deliver a quality service.

I wouldn't even bother ringing VM because I can guarantee any date they give you for anything won't be true. Whether they lie to get you off the phone believe they are giving you a genuine date on the system, it will inevitably be delayed and put back again and again and again.
Somewhat makes sense - As I do believe there is a section of the development that still needs to be completed. But yeah we got VM installed last weekend and working great so far. We shall see how long it takes for them to be sending emails or something saying we can get faster internet :P

Last edited by MattGarner; 31-07-2019 at 12:12.
MattGarner is offline   Reply With Quote