View Single Post
Old 20-06-2019, 12:37   #112
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Avengers: Endgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Yeah i have thought about that as well with my Limitless card at Odeon. Presumably the cinema still has to pay a fixed price per ticket/viewer to the movie distributor?
A cinema pays the distributor to rent the film, and then they pay a percentage of the face value for each ticket they sell to the distributor as well. So even if “limitless” members fill an auditorium the distributor has made something off the film being shown at that cinema. Contracts between distributors and cinema chains are very complicated things though, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a clause specifying what the distributor gets paid when an Odeon Limitless member shows up.

When you attend the cinema presumably you still get a paper ticket to gain entry. Is there a face value on it?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote