View Single Post
Old 13-05-2019, 23:16   #5276
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
My 'attitude' towards linear channels is most certainly not based on any 'fear' on my part - why would I fear them? They will be dying off soon. It's pretty obvious really but it's difficult to 'prove' what hasn't happened yet. However, that doesn't make you right, not by a long chalk.
The proof is there and already posted here (by yourself??).

Pay tv is on rapid decline in the States, while streaming services like Netflix and now Hulu have been on the rapid increase. If people want links to this proof, they can type into Google themselves, but take one example: Comcast.

Comcast is rapidly losing pay tv subscribers, especially among the younger age bracket 20-35, but they are rapidly gaining broadband customers instead as the younger folks use the streaming services. Link to these figures are here:

https://www.cmcsa.com/news-releases/...r-2019-results

This is happening to all the pay tv companies in America as people cut their cords in favour of streaming.

How much proof do people want that linear tv is in terminal decline? Will they only agree when BBC1 is left broadcasting??