View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 16:48   #5271
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Amazon won packages that didn't meet the reserve price the FAPL had at the first round of auction, low cost rights allow Amazon to show games in something like four separate time slots during the season. By comparison, Sky showed 9 games on Sky One this season. None of this breaks current business models.

You think, but can't demonstrate, that Disney will enter the market at a "reasonable" price, nor can you demonstrate that at said price it could sustain buying the highest profile rights presently held by Sky or BT and that they could turn a profit from doing so.

Linear TV gone by 2029? That's quite quick considering it took us 14 years to complete digital switch over.

The fear of linear TV is your attitude towards it. To the rest of the population many watch (and pay heavily to services providing) it day in, day out, without any significant distress caused to their day to day lives. Right now I'm watching the climax of the Premier League without having to avoid Twitter in case I find out what happens on there before it happens on my TV screen (as appears to be the case with so-called live streaming).