View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 14:56   #523
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
There's a whole bunch of "New" channels on C062 and C063 (see DigitalBitRate). There's 9 on each.
I think they are all part of a group of transitions to MPEG4 rather than actual new channels, one of the ones I checked was Crime+Inv SD, and the labelled version is still MPEG2 and on a different frequency.

Additional: I checked a few others, there's a Film4, CNN, History 1 & 2 , Nat Geo and Cartoon Network.

Additional additional: Most are 544x576 resolution.

Additional x3: I just noticed thst most of the ones I mentioned are on C055 in MPEG2. VM are clearly updating the whole of the C055 frequency/multiplex to MPEG4 but doing so by moving them all on to a different frequency/multiplex.

And the other channels I noticed seem to be from C067.
An update on the quoted above.

7 of the "New" Sans Nom on C062 have now got names (Nat Geo, NG+1, Nat Geo WILD, History, H+1, History 2 and Crime+Inv) , the channels being those I noticed from the other frequency/multiplex C067. So that's those switched to MPEG4 now...I double checked via the Diagnostics menu they were now H264 video. There are 3 "New" Sans Nom left on C062, and those 9 on C063 are still there and not yet switched over either, so those C055 channels have yet to be switched.

There's also a new "New" Sans Nom on C031. This is Cartoon Network +1 in MPEG4.

So there's going to be a lot of channels that need to be re-favourited after all these switches. It's an annoying side effect of the MPEG4 switching.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote