View Single Post
Old 28-05-2020, 10:28   #38
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Trump gets fact checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I do wonder how many of you would slightly get pissed off if I started editing certain posts and actually adding fact checking with an exclamation mark, directly in to your posts.

You’d surely get pissed off and be up in arms about it.

The idea is, people engage by replying to what’s been said, Trump gets challenged hundreds of thousands of times a day on his tweets by the platforms user base , and that should be fine. But Twitter is acting like the thought police here. It’s not what it was set up for.

Same applies to forums. I’ve lost count how many times someone’s post has been reported because, some didn’t agree with it.
Personally, I don't care if someone wants to do that my posts. makes no odds to me whatsoever.

Quite agree (this is becoming far too common ) that the idea is engagement. But Trump as POTUS has a responsibility to consider what he is posting. he has approx 80m followers? Not everything he says is well thought out and a degree of his followers will no doubt take everything he says as gospel. (As will many other people who follow god knows whoever)

Twitters platform is theirs and they can do as they please, Just as you can with CF