View Single Post
Old 31-05-2020, 14:14   #746
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
A point lost on most, he is the hired help and not an elected representative. It is also debatable whether he has had anything to shape government policy on the pandemic, which has been led by the CMO and CSA.

Cummings is the Brexit man, that is the reason tn PM wants in and the media want him out
From the FT, 30th March 2020

Quote:
Another senior UK government figure has gone into self-isolation after developing symptoms of coronavirus, following Boris Johnson’s diagnosis last week.

Dominic Cummings, the prime minister’s closest adviser, showed signs of the virus over the weekend and will remain at his London home for the next seven days.

Number 10 insiders confirmed Mr Cummings, who was last seen running out of Downing Street on Friday, was self-isolating. He remains “in contact” with key staff to continue advising on dealing with the crisis.
Quote:
Mr Cummings has been the most influential member of Mr Johnson’s inner circle since he became prime minister last summer. The aide is credited with shaping Number 10’s strategy and messaging on delivering Brexit, “levelling up” the British economy and tackling coronavirus.
And in his own words
Quote:
Around midnight on Thursday, the 26th of March, I spoke to the prime minister. He told me that he tested positive for Covid. We discussed the national emergency arrangements for No.10, given his isolation and what I would do in No. 10 the next day. The next morning, I went to work as usual. I was in a succession of meetings about this emergency.
Quote:
Second, I thought that if I did not develop symptoms, then I might be able to return to work to help deal with the crisis.
And he also attended six SAGE meetings in March, April, and May, which provide scientific advice to support government decision makers during emergencies - I assume his findings from these meetings influenced policy, and if not, why was he attending?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-sage-members/
Quote:
The Prime Minister’s most senior aide pressed for lockdown measures to be introduced in meetings with the UK’s independent scientific advisers, it has been claimed.

Multiple sources have accused Dominic Cummings of trying to influence a crucial meeting of Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) on March 18, as members discussed social distancing measures to tackle the coronavirus crisis.

“He clearly wasn’t an observer,” one attendee said.

It is alleged that Mr Cummings asked searching questions about why the Government should wait a further week to impose a lockdown and intimated that pubs and restaurants should be shut from March 20.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 31-05-2020 at 14:25.