View Single Post
Old 18-10-2018, 10:36   #4571
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
It seems you are clutching at straws as per usual OB as most linear channels are very well funded and l dare say the example you have given me are not very representative of that clear fact..
I don't know how you explain ITV's troubles just a few years ago when advertising income went down and threatened its very future, in that case. The financial position of many of these channels is precarious to say the least, and as advertising income drops with falling audience levels, so we will see more TV channels go to the wall.

This is not something I want, Den (although paying for these relatively expensive pay TV packages is getting harder to justify, and streaming channels are so much cheaper and with more good content), it's just economics.

Unless TV channels can find other means of keeping afloat, then inevitably they will sink. ITV is now looking to reduce its reliance on advertising by increasing the number of new productions and by establishing a new streaming service, but they may have left it too late.