View Single Post
Old 17-06-2019, 19:49   #5387
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Other sport streaming services manage it, so I can't really understand why you think that Amazon wouldn't. When you refer to disc space, are you not referring to recordings from TV channels? As we are talking about streaming, disc space is not relevant as it is streamed/VOD.

Incidentally, UHD does not take 5 times the disc space of HD anyway, at least on the V6 box. I have had up to 4 separate series of UHD dramas on my box as well as a few nature programmes, and I have not noticed those shows eating up my disc space.
I have recorded numerous Premier League matches on BT. When I do I record in UHD on one box and HD on my other box.

The norm is 5 times the disk space, it is possible to display the disk usage in Gb. As we are talking sports streaming this is more relevant than dramas.

And yes I know streaming doesn't use recordings on your disk, however surely it is probable the band with? On the stream will be similarly higher.

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I do enjoy the bitrate chat. It’s a tangible fact that BT Sport 4K broadcasts at 27.8 MB/sec on the network verified by digitalbitrate.

HD channels can average anything between 5 and 9 according to the same website. The margin of error on the percentage space is too high on a 1TB box to be used meaningfully.
See my explanation in reply to OB. I am not using the %age disk space for comparison I use the actual Gb used to compare.