View Single Post
Old 14-04-2019, 19:46   #5130
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
None of these companies are building business models where they realistically expect customers to subscribe for 2/3 months per year.
And yet that's exactly what some people do now. As subscriptions are not tied to one year contracts, clearly their business models do allow for people to dip in and out as they wish.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Disney prepares to strike back at Netflix...

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...s-episode-nine
I don't buy it, Den. Netflix now has plenty of original material on it and that is certainly all I ever watch, apart from the occasional film.

I don't pay good money for the purpose of watching repeats, and judging by the amount of criticism the BBC has received over the years for the number of repeats it shows, I would imagine many people agree with me.

Those who like watching repeats need look no further than the UKTV channels.