View Single Post
Old 21-07-2019, 13:14   #2
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ATM cheque deposit gone wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelysprite View Post
Those people online who say "try it and see what happens". Serves me right for listening to them.

I got a cheque from my council for overpaid council tax with 2 names on it as I am a joint tenant. I had a go at paying it into a single account at the clydesdale bank using their ATM. That was two whole weeks ago and the cheque is not showing up on the statement. To make things worse, we lost the ATM receipt. But we still have the letter from the council with the cheque number and amount on it. What puzzles me is why aren't they sending the cheque back to us?
Asking the council to cancel the cheque and issue a replacement might be an option.