View Single Post
Old 31-10-2019, 21:32   #5
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: LAN to LAN VPN via VMB Hitron CGNV4 Router

Thank General for alerting me to this thread.

I have a simialar setup with the Virginmedia Business service. However I have 5 static IP addresses. The issues you may have read about that service were fixed a fair time ago now, and I find it stable.

Given you are using modem modeyour Draytek WAN port shoudl be assigned your public IP address so that will be fine.

The drops you are experiencing is not something I am experiecing with my service - I find it very stable.

When this happens are you still able to access internet services? Ie is it just the VPN dropping or the whole service?

I assume the Draytek router is stable? I ask as I had a faulty Draytek a while back that would randomly reboot. After replacing it all was good again.

So to answer your last question - yes plenty of experience running a router based site to site VPN from a Draytek (2960 in my case) over VM Business. The key difference is I am using the 5 static IP address service.

I think my next step woudl be to determine if the Drayek is stable and not restarting. Same with the Hitron. Also checking when you have a VPN drop do you get general internet issues at the same time?
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote