View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 09:06   #3205
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
For local network streaming a Raspberry Pi3 with kodi or Plex may be an inexpensive place to start. £40- £50 should get you up and running assuming you need to get a micro sd card, HDMI cable and a power source.

Alternatively you could get a now tv box and side load plex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You can add Kodi to an Amazon FTV. I use it for streaming my personal ripped DVDs. Old Uk TV shows can be a bit jerky via the AFTV, and I tend to use Kodi Via PC for those. US shows are fine via FTV.

You'd be better looking at a forum such as this for the best advice:
https://www.avforums.com/forums/netw...streamers.332/
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
T95 Android tv box £40 does everything a nvidia shield does, obviously the shield has more bang in it but the t95 runs Android 5.0 soon to be upgraded to Android 6.0 has google play store, runs kodi flawlessly, has 2gb ram , 16gb storage, snapdragon quadcore processor, runs 4k flawlessly too has the tv apps you can get off google play and it upscales the video on them to give you decent quality.
thanks for the help, further reading required