View Single Post
Old 30-06-2019, 12:38   #5523
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That is the reason why Netflix has been investing so heavily in original content. I don't see Netflix audiences collapsing any time soon!

I agree that some people find Netflix useful for old TV series, and indeed, some of those do attract large numbers. However, as long as Netflix keep expanding their content until it reaches the desired numbers, I believe that the number of subscribers will continue to increase for the foreseeable future.

We did not see a reduction in audience when their biggest competitor, Amazon, came on the scene, and the new streamers that will come in over the next few years I believe will be the second or third choice for most.

Rumours of the impending demise of Netflix are a little premature, if you ask me!
Netflix isn't going anywhere anytime soon, they must however be careful with their price rises as people will eventually say "enough is enough."
I see one or two on here forecasting streaming will struggle, it won't struggle but companies need to think about their actions of launching seperate services and instead look at working with the likes of Netflix and Amazon to get their content on their platform.
If companies continue to launch their own streaming services the end game could be streaming would become more expensive than say a subscription from SKY/VM etc and this in turn could push people back to these subscription tv services.