View Single Post
Old 22-06-2019, 19:16   #5429
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You still haven’t demonstrated this, across seven different threads, despite being invited to do so on many different occasions.

Linear television continues to be hugely popular, in addition to time shifting, on demand and yes even streaming. There’s nothing to support the vast majority wanting to lose all this flexibility.
You are arguing over nothing. Do you seriously not believe that streaming is becoming increasingly popular?

I have never, ever said that scheduled TV channels are not popular at the moment, of course they are. But you don't seem to be able to envision what will happen in the future, when the younger generation now will be in their 50s and 60s in the coming decades.

Scheduled TV will become regarded as old fashioned and inflexible, and ridden with adverts and junk programmes that few want to see. It's just a matter of time, which is the only thing that will prove my point to the tech deniers on here.

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
None of it worth watching, obviously.
Funnily enough, my V6 is now listing more bookmarked programmes on Netflix than ever before. The number of recordings I am making is decreasing. This is not a conscious decision, just the result of having fewer 'must see' programmes on the EPG.