View Single Post
Old 09-05-2023, 15:00   #20
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: Referee's need retrain and VAR

I think it's a good idea, but generally is implemented badly, the World Cup it seemed to work, Rugby it works (although they've had time to get used to it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I think they should consider moving to a tennis type model, where each manager has a maximum of, say, 3no. challenges per half if they think the decision was wrong, and if they are right they keep the challenge, if wrong they lose it.
that's not bad idea a mate and me were discussing the other day.

having said that, I've been to a few women's matches recently, where since not all the stadiums have VAR, there is no VAR. It's interesting to go back to the old days of everyone jumping up, shouting "offside", "handball", etc then sitting back down again and getting on with it and forgetting about the ref's decision you disagreed with no waiting 5 mins while they work it out.

I think the ones that annoy me the most, are the ones where offside is given, as a player was right on the touch line, miles away from the ball or anyone else and his little finger was in line with the drawn on line, but then 5 mins later, 3 players are "offside" in the box, but somehow, they're not interfering with play, so a goal is given.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote