View Single Post
Old 21-03-2008, 12:49   #1579
BrideXIII
Inactive

BrideXIII is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF1975 View Post
Thats the nub of the issue. As bad as the situation is now with what they are plannning just imagine how much worse it could get 5 years down the line if we acquiesce to their plans now. As important as it is for us to stop Phorm here in the UK, the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that the war wont truly be won until they run into trouble in the US. The US will be their biggest market with the biggest earning potential for the company. If we can land a killer blow here and then follow it up with a killer blow in the US then the company will be done for and hopefully they will go bankrupt.

'won't look', is not the same as 'can't see', I don't believe anyone these days is not aware that any company out to make money will not do this in the future if we give them a foot in the door now, nobody, but nobody is that naive, thats why the tech issues although important, are not as imortant as stopping this in its tracks.
once a freedom is gone, you can't get it back. once a precedent is set, its all over.
and however lucrative adverts might be, I am sure that this is not what this is really all about, eventually, selling data to other companies whom it might interest is the real long term objective.