Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2022, 13:06   #991
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
BBC3 & BBC4 failed to start at 7pm this evening, thus messing up the recordings I had of them as they started late.

No idea if this was down to the BBC or another Virgin cock up. I suspect a Virgin cock up as one of their (box generated?) 'This channel is currently unavailable' messages came up at the bottom.
In the past, I have found an issue with not recording, where if you set to record at 7pm, and the recording starts a few seconds earlier than the channel starts. Never tried to repeat it.
Could be related to off-air, BBC3&4 are broadcast in SD, but after 7pm, in HD. Mixing SD and HD in the same recording is never going to be a good idea. VM probably need to switchover to HD, a few minutes before.