Thread: 200M Network Congestion
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2022, 13:23   #122
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Network Congestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I rather like the 900Mbps upload speed.
900Mb is more than most people need most of the time, but it has its moments.

I run a Plex server from my Synology ds920+ so if I have 10 simultaneous clients at a weekend, I still have 700Mb unused available for two gaming sons and peer to peer stuff. Last night I upload a 15Gb video file of the drone display in Coventry to Google Drive. I don't know their server capacity, but it was all done in <4 minutes.

I guess, when the internet of things becomes totally embedded in our lives and commerce recognises that it can provide us with more and more speed-hungry applications, then 900Mb upstream becomes essential.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote