View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 16:57   #1
asy1mpo
Inactive

asy1mpo is an unknown quantity at this point
Still waiting for Sky Broadband ... stupid BT exchange problems

I live in the city centre of Manchester and have ordered Sky Tv and broadband

Finally got the Sky TV installed - 3rd attempt for the engineer to come round. 2 previous times he was 'ill'

Got a letter about 10 days ago saying delay in broadband because they have been told by BT that there was a problem with the exchange. This type of problem usual gets fixed in 3 weeks!! :-0

I did some research and found out the name of the exchange my tel. no is on. Its status is down as live on some ISP sites. I would have thought it would be all up and running (and if not they would sort it ASAP) since I am in the city centre and I am sure some businesses are on the same exchange.

If there is more delay I may have to look into cable - unfortunately its not as cheap as Sky (which is only £5/month).

Been without Internet at home since end of December. Still had broadband at old home but that stops tomorrow. Ahhhh!!

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Just done a check on postcode and says I cant get cable??

Was told by developers that I can have ADSL or cable - all the wires are all plugged in etc.

However maybe I am wrong?? I typed the postcode into the Virgin web site and it says no-cable. However the postcode is a brand new one since its a brand new building.
asy1mpo is offline   Reply With Quote