View Single Post
Old 19-09-2006, 13:53   #279
skynet777
Inactive

skynet777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pem View Post
Nevermind - obviously the rules appear to have changed recently - like a thread I was reading earlier from someone with an NTL BB problem - Neil seemed more interesting in advising them how to jump ship rather than offering any NTL related help.

http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=4703

How times change ......
I would not jump back to a phone line from a cable one, no way pedro

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlingman View Post
Just to clarify a few things I believe Neil changed providers when he was still with NTL according to his first post saying he would rather pay for a connection that works rather than having a subsidised connection that is unreliable.

As for advertising to jump ship well maybe so he is allowed to suggest free speech here as he is not on the payroll for NTL anymore.

Things do change and this is classic example of that.

He obviously had the same views over at .com and was not allowed to speak his true feelings as he was being paid by them and had to appear to be offering help.

To me it smacks of double standards but at least here this site will not be silenced by NTL and all can speak their mind which is a positive move forward but there are still people around who will help rather than give the answer to jump ship.

Myself I would advise to move on to another provider but then again I am biest as i have been with Piepx for some time now and they rock.

As for the comments about their services mentioned elsewhere i myself am not too bothered about those as i have never had to contact them as their service has been faultless up to now.

I think a lot of it is down to luck, where you live ect: You can get one person who says "Oh yes, blueyonder is great, no problems" then you get another one who says it's unreliable and thev'e had nothing but trouble with it
and they are looking to change ISP's. All I can say is that ever since I started using cable, I would never go back to dsl again.
skynet777 is offline   Reply With Quote