Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 09:38   #427
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Why call a 2nd referendum when the one we had was perfectly fine. It's not the will of the people its the poor execution from our Gov that doesn't have the balls to stand upto the EU.

What has basically come from the EU is once you are in our little club there is no way out and we will make it hard for you to ever leave.

What if we do go with a 2nd Referendum and the result is still the same? do we crash out there and then becuse we might as well do it now.
My past posts are clear that I’m pro Brexit for reasons including yours.

But we are where we are due to the guvmin’s incompetence at best, treachery at worst. So we must look to ways of avoiding the half-Brexit now being offered to the EU. Crashing out is one option, second Referendum is the other. I would rather the people chose purely because of the mess in which we hsve been landed.

---------- Post added at 09:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
In the event of a 52-48 vote in favour of Remain, a sensible government wanti re-election would have taken the narrowness of the victory on board and done something like introducing ID cards. Impossible to say.
In your scenario it would all have died down quickly and we could have gotten on with using our picador sticks on the Brussels turds.

My advice is at your risk.