View Single Post
Old 15-01-2021, 15:57   #155
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
OK you guys obviously know more than someone who experienced it, many thanks for your (office worker) input
My link was to ACAS - here is another link to the U.K. Government’s website saying the same thing

https://www.gov.uk/maximum-weekly-wo...and-opting-out
Quote:
You can choose to work more than 48 hours a week on average if you’re over 18. This is called ‘opting out’.

Your employer can ask you to opt out, but you can’t be sacked or treated unfairly for refusing to do so.

You can opt out for a certain period or indefinitely. It must be voluntary and in writing.

Example of opt-out agreement:

I [worker’s name] agree that I may work for more than an average of 48 hours a week. If I change my mind, I will give my employer [amount of time - up to 3 months’] notice in writing to end this agreement. Signed…………………………………… Dated…………………………………….

Workers who can’t opt out
You can’t opt-out of the 48 hour week if you’re:

airline staff
a worker on ships or boats
a worker in the road transport industry, eg delivery drivers (except for drivers of vehicles under 3.5 tonnes using GB Domestic drivers’ hours rules)
other staff who travel in and operate vehicles covered by EU rules on drivers’ hours, eg bus conductors
a security guard on a vehicle carrying high-value goods
Confederation of British Industry

https://www.hrreview.co.uk/hr-news/e...directive/1250
Quote:
The Confederation of British Industry (CBI) has spoken out in favour of the UK’s opt out of the European Union (EU) working time directive.

According to Louise Morgan, senior policy adviser in the employer and employee relations team at the CBI, the move means that staff have kept the right to choose their own working hours.

In addition, it means that firms have the flexibility to respond to peaks in demand, she added.
So, the Government think you can opt out, the Bosses think you can opt out, and the independent people who work with millions of employers and employees every year to improve workplace relationships think you can opt out.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote