View Single Post
Old 15-01-2021, 14:35   #151
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Good, it royally screwed up people who willingly worked overtime for the extra money they needed on minimum wage. The 'target' was those employers who forced workers to work long hours, but (again) the 'catch all' approach hit everybody. It also led to a rise in the much despised zero contract area, with Agencies supplying short term workers where a company couldn't use their own workforce to cover some situations.

Many workers got round it by doing two jobs, 8 hours shiftwork in a factory followed by a further 6 or more hours taxi driving or fast food delivery etc. Completely legal, yet made a mockery of the 48 hour crap.
Employees were able to "opt out" of the Working Time Directive (I did in nearly every job I worked since it came in - not to earn more money (fixed salary positions), but I regularly worked more than that).

https://www.acas.org.uk/the-maximum-...r-weekly-limit
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote