View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 08:29   #681
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I can assure you, I have not spent the last 40+ years complaining of the EU, maybe the last 5-10.
What changed your mind in the last 5-10 years? I see Bulgaria and Romania joined in 2007 and the Treaty of Lisbon came in to force in 2009. Croatia joined in 2013 but there’s nothing huge like the Maastricht Treaty.

In an alternate universe, what changes in the last 5-10 years would you roll back to make remaining a more palatable choice?

---------- Post added at 08:29 ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Correct because the EEC was very different from the EU but then again some folks can't accept that just like they can't accept being losers.
Of course the EEC changed over the years, evolving with the agreement of the member nations, that’s obvious.

I for one accept the result of the referendum. Am I happy about leaving the EU? No, nothing has changed my mind about membership of the EU being a good thing but I like to think I am grown up enough to accept leaving. However, we are now in a different phase where we need to hold HMG to account and give us an orderly Brexit that does the minimum amount of harm to the UK.

This country has brilliant people, we make and do great things. Nissan in Sunderland for example is regarded by Nissan as one of its best factories. If we remove the possibility of doing frictionless trade with the rest of the EU, this would have a significant impact on their manufacturing processes and Nissan would need to make a decision on this.

I think we tend to work through life thinking ‘everything’s going to be alright’ and we can trust our government to do right by us but with Brexit, I feel the priority is to keep the Conservative parties many factions together is more important than serving the country (see Boris Johnson still having a job right now)