Thread: UK Timeline The Soaps During Lockdown
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 11:07   #16
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The Soaps During Lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastendersfan View Post
I don't know if it's just me but are you guys starting to care less about the soaps during the lockdown? I am a massive Eastenders fan but for the first time I can honestly say that I am not to bothered if I watch it or not. I think it might have something to do with the cut from four episodes to two. It is much harder to keep up with it and what with the daily drama that is playing out on our tv sets, it's hard to take the fictional dramas of Albert Square that seriously. Are you guys finding it harder to care about the soap plotlines during the pandemic?
This is interesting, because there was a time, not so long ago, when the soaps were only on once a week. Then they went up to a couple of times a week and now it seems to be wall-to-wall. All they're actually doing is reverting back to a means of telling the story that was obviously successful, because it was that way for years and the soaps maintained their popularity and their ratings throughout that time.

Has viewer attention span really changed so much that if you're not getting it via an IV drip you lose interest in it?

Also, I couldn't give fewer smegs about any soap opera.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote