Aldair
cf.member

Aldair is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Deals for exisiting customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The website now says this for the 18 month contracts

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop
Be careful with Virgin Media fixed price contracts. Just agreed new 18 month fixed price contract through Retentions. Reading through Terms and Conditions linked to Contract does not explicitly state no price rises during 18 month minimum period. Spoke with overseas call centre who confirmed that price will remain the same over the minimum period. They put this on my notes but would not state in writing.

Called UK Retentions this morning who told me that I was on 18 month fixed price contract. It would not increase over the next year and Virgin Media were sending out letters to inform customers they would not be increasing prices. But, any future increases will apply to this “fixed price” contract and I could cancel with 30 days notice. I explained the meaning of a fixed price contract but was told that is not how Virgin Media work. It is a fixed price until Virgin Media decide to cancel the contract and introduce a price increase. Oh, they confirmed from notes that overseas call centre had told me there would be no increases for the duration of the contract!
Aldair is offline   Reply With Quote