View Single Post
Old 21-05-2019, 20:17   #856
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Rumours: Is Virgin Media UK set to sign new deal with Sky?

Rumours are coming in at Media Boy HQ that Sky Atlantic may grace our screens this summer.

As part of the new deal, we may also get Sky's UHD programming as part of any deal.

©copyright 2019 Media Boy 2006 - 2019. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.

Media Boy HQ has put this post down as "Rumour" until we see reports of any new Sky branded channel testing on Virgin Media UK.
It'll be interesting to see how Comcast and VM get on.

For those who like trivia, Comcast incorporates what was John Malone's cable co, TCI, which he originally sold to AT&T before Comcast took it on. Comcast and Malone have a good working relationship up to now, so lets see if that continues!

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy VIEWS:

But we feel Virgin Media UK may drop all Sky SD channels (if they also have an HD Channel).

We also feel UKTV and Discovery channels will be moving to new channels numbers this summer.

We also think Disney will axe FOX brand in UK and rebrand FOX as ABC.
As I'm sure you're aware, the breakup of UKTV is imminent now (weeks, rather than months) so Discovery gets control of Home, Really and Good Food while the Beeb gets the rest, so I agree that changes with those channels seem likely.

I agree about your view on FOX and to add one of my own, I think we'll get all the major US networks soon. They'll already here, just under different names at the moment:

Sky One -> NBC
Ch5 -> CBS
FOX -> ABC

Last edited by Horizon; 21-05-2019 at 20:25.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote