View Single Post
Old 20-12-2020, 11:51   #13
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: The change in storage space needed for recordings on VM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You would think people would notice if there was a deterioration but the evidence from the rapid decline of SD bandwidths and what passes off as SD now vs the introduction of digital would indicate otherwise. Users simply gradually adjusted.
Upscaling tech has got better and helped, but I agree slow changes have got some used to poorer quality, and they don't care enough to moan loudly enough in large numbers.

As I type this I'm currently watching (well, it's on in the background) one of the lower resolution SD Freeview channels in the kitchen 24 inch (circa 2010) TV and it's acceptable. The screen in question has Full HD resolution (via other input sources) but no HD tuner, so I'm not sure how much upscaling it's doing, but it's 10 years old tech (at least).
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote