View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 08:24   #205
2OLD2THINK
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV Phone & Broadband
2OLD2THINK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I started with Cable & Wireless, being a shareholder gave me access to information that enabled a 1st rate service, then it changed to NTL, things got progressively better for a few years until the offices here burnt down as I was passing on my way into work(was not I, honest).
Then things started to deteriorate on the customer service side, job losses and an inability to get anyone to answer the phone.
Virgin took control and although we were promised a service that would revolutionise the industry things just got worse with failed TV lines, failure on a weekly basis of Internet services as "Upgrading" took place.

Major problems accessing my email account for alterations on "self care" pre June of this year and was told it would be OK in July, still having difficulty after my password was changed by a nice bloke in India to help me.

However.... I must admit that things are getting much better, the phone is answered promptly and when you press the right number button there is no lenghty delay.
Several times over the past few weeks I have had problems that took over 15 minutes to get sorted, but holding my hands up....no need for worry, everything was handled as one would expect. My problems arose due to the Internet line being routed through a set top box that was causing probs so they sent a Modem free for me to install. After reading the instructions I found that I was not able to do it so I phoned again and was sent another Modem this time with an engineer to fit it and test.

Very good service in the way of time stated for arrival was spot on, in fact appologised for being a few mins early, and I must say that having had 4 service personell on my premises over the last year I can honestly say that they upheld the Virgin Customer Service policy. NTL fitters in the early days were akin to rouge traders.

I have now got reason to believe that "Things can only get better" as the song goes. Roll on the day when Virgin get the email side fully integrated so I can have full control.
2OLD2THINK is offline   Reply With Quote