View Single Post
Old 29-05-2008, 10:11   #7463
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicz View Post
Well there are plenty of lies being told as part of the webwise faqs. I think who / where / how the webwise pages are being hosted is a legitimate cause for concern. I just don't find the fact that BT and phorm are exchanging emails about your questions surprising, thats all.
Oh don't get me wrong - I'm not "surprised" at all -why do you think I used the contact form in the first place? I wouldn't be surprised nowadays by virtually any revelation that came out of the sewer about BT's behaviour.

But that doesn't lessen my sense of moral outrage. (I'm good at moral outrage!)

BT and Phorm are in bed together. They got married about two years ago in secret, but only announced the engagement recently (when photographs of them in a secret clinch in both 2006 and 2007 were published). The prenuptial agreement seems to have been a tough one, otherwise they might have announced a separation when the faeces hit the ventilation system a few months ago.

So given that they have a common financial interest in the success of Webwise (one that runs directly counter to MY interests as a customer and citizen) I'm ready for any revelation about their joint activities.

But I'm trying not to let my moral sensibilities get coarsened by the low ethical standards of my ISP's senior management.