Thread: Superhub Router Reset
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2019, 11:38   #1
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Services: Virgin Media Tivo Kahuna Big Bundle, phone and Broadband.
beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough
Router Reset

HP 21.5 Inch 4GB 2TB All-in-One Desktop PC - new December 2018.
Intel Core i3 8th generation processor.
Operating System - Windows 10 - 64 bit Version 1903

Whilst one can make a career out of the electronic mysteries of computer wake-up time,
by surfing the web, it is unbelievable that the problem in my case can be solved by flicking a switch.

After wrestling with my poor wake-up times to the point of mental collapse, I obtained
a solution by simply switching off the power to my router for a minute.

It worked ! My Sleep wake-up times are now down to repeatedly about 5 - 8 seconds.
It has even cured a previous long delay to connect with the Internet on screen although the Internet connection was live.

Previously my Sleep wake-up time was averaging nearly 60 seconds, sometimes even longer and when
the Internet connection was made there was a delay in connecting with a site on screen of around 30 seconds. I got
the message "No Internet connection".

I never realised that a router could become sludged-up over time with electronic slag
and needed flushing out with a power cut. Actually the very same thing happens with my
cable TV box, where a power cut cures hiccups. My router had been constantly live for about 10 months.

All has now been working superb since I depowered the router 3 weeks ago.

I switched off at the mains plug-in, but pressing the Reset or power button on the router
should do the same job.

The offender - my router - Superhub 1 ? -