View Single Post
Old 03-12-2003, 23:33   #70
DrAwesome
Inactive

DrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrAwesome Send a message via MSN to DrAwesome
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap
okay thaks for the help guys, guess I'll just give them a ring and ask them what my options are, if the line is not up to a certain standard i would of thought i could just cancel anyway.
Some ADSL isp's (if you order your adsl hardware direct from them) they wont ship it/charge you for the hardware if the line test says your BT phone line isnt upto the required standard. (If your not sure its always best to ask/if they do send out the hardware and you send it back for a refund you could end up paying a handling charge)

BT usually asks you to contact them 7 days after your line has been re-activated alternativly if you decide to go ahead and contact an ADSL provider the ISP that you have choosen automatically asks BT to test the line before they go any further.

I once took the BAM away from the line and it is possible to talk and surf at the same time but the noise does get on your nerves after awhile.
DrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote