Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2022, 20:03   #1457
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The Covid report will be written this year. Another inaccurate calculation on your part.....

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

If people have died because they couldn't get an operation due to attention of hospitals being diverted elsewhere, it is not a Covid death. Excess deaths include many deaths which are not due to Covid, so again, this is at best an indicator.

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:09 ----------

Yes, the conspiracy theorists choose to ignore the fact that the review was due to take place anyway. Beware Hugh's biassed fact checker service!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I am not arguing that ‘excess deaths’ doesn’t indicate a measure of the crisis, of course it does.

But it does not measure deaths that are directly connected to Covid infection.That was my point.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Come on, Andrew, you are the one interpreting information to suit your argument.

Comparison of Covid deaths between countries when every country includes different criteria for producing the statistics is clearly inaccurate. And these are not small inaccuracies. If one country only records Hospital Covid deaths and another records all deaths including deaths in the community and in care homes, that’s a pretty big difference.

Similarly, if excess deaths includes people who are not having their health conditions monitored and those whose operations have been put back, this does reflect the scale of the problem, but what that figure is not showing is the number of Covid deaths.

I would have thought that all the pedants we encounter on this forum would recognise that immediately. But not when it doesn’t suit your argument, it seems.
Nice try changing your proposition from "excess deaths due to COVID” to "excess deaths due to COVID infection"…

If people died due to not being able to be treated because the hospitals are full of COVID patients, they are excess deaths due to COVID.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote