View Single Post
Old 30-05-2008, 12:56   #7591
Bonglet
cf.addict

Bonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Thing about that if that is there evaluation is that in my view about 90% wont use the webforms they will base there critical findings on, and normal users (who dont know they are on any trial still as they were not inphormed) will be straight onto the indian help center who in turn will just dismiss it as such a case as mr mainwairing had and no doubt a good few others (i wonder how much volume of increased help calls were made during illegal trials) the indian help desk wont have been inphormed of such trials and even if they were how could they know that user was in the trial after all this is supposed to be anonymous is it not (insert sound of a crowd laughing at a phorm turd).

Dont forget this thing WILL cause a slower connection then the same indian call center will describe spyware,adware,router/modem problem, high traffic, over subscription take your pick really and thats before any ad injection, and if the customer help has been inphormed and they tell you to get in touch with another body or person/site for the trials such trials are no longer anonymous and these trials are then illegal yet again.

p.s does anyone know how the actuall illegal port scanning works on the phorm kit after all if im using this to connect to my favorite cs:source server on port 8881 or whatever as its going through the phorm kit before i reach my destination how does it identify this port from a simply http one without the redirects (or is the port creep similar to the function creep?).