Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2019, 07:10   #1625
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Joking aside, if you re-visit my post you will see that your comments aren't really relevant to my post.

For example your statements
- "the leave voters didn’t know then what they know now" doesn't make sense as I'm not talking about leavers, I've referenced the voting intentions of constituencies where the MP voted for/against Brexit in a different way to the majority of the constituents.
"You are rationalising without knowing anything about the constituency." I don't doubt your knowledge of the constituency as a resident, canvasser and friend of John Redwood's. However, I do think that sitting MPs in constituencies like his will be severely tested where their views on Brexit differ from that of their constituents if an election occurred soon. I've also made the point that this applies both ways, eg if there is a Remain MP in a Leave constituency.
’the leave voters didn’t know ...’ sentence wasn’t a statement of fact; it was part of a mindset comparison as to arguments used by Remainers in the context of difficulties facing MPs at odds with the Referendum result in their constituencies. It’s a sort of deep point assisting my arguments.

I’m being specific about Redwood; he was specifically mentioned as distinct from other Tories and balance needs tO be restored. Redwood is one of the Remainers’ targets and remember this part of the discussion started with an attack on his wealth in the context of being self serving.

My advice is at your risk.