View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 11:38   #18
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

I have no problem with a female-led superhero movie. The only things I ask are the same things I ask for in any male-led superhero movie. That the characters be well written, the story exciting (funny is a bonus), the action well done, the direction coherent and the special effects good.

So far, the Marvel movies have scored well on most of those. The DC movies, not so well (the said, I loved Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh as Superman, loved the Burton and Nolan Batman movies, Aquaman and Wonder woman, while I liked Suicide Squad a lot). The weak point for the Marvel movies has traditionally been the bad guy, allthough the bad guys in Black Panther were excellent, as was Thanos, and the various bad guys in Captain America.

I don't think you can really tell from the trailers (I remember hearing an editor who made trailers for a living who said it was the easiest job in the world because you can find 30 seconds of good film in any film), but based on their past performance, and that I like Brie Larson as an actress, I think Captain Marvel will be a good film.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote