View Single Post
Old 22-06-2012, 17:22   #230
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Yes but in other cases the defendants are entirely white. We don't say there is a racial element to it. I think the reason they are all Asian is because they all knew each other and people tend to draw their circle of friends from the community they reside in. Asians tend to have vastly more Asian friends than a white person does.

That isn't to say that there are not problems within the Asian community about this issue, either a reluctance to confront/acknowledge it, a disrespect towards women, or they don't take sexual crimes seriously. This is all different to a 'race' crime. It's about community and culture not race.
Point well made Damien.

No one is denying that this happens in the asian community.

What I would like to see is more asian women coming forward when raped. There is a huge cultural issue that would make a woman think coming out and saying she is raped is worse than staying quiet about it. It's the same with domestic violence.

I hope that more victims do come out - it must be terrible to suffer rape, and even more so when you feel that you will be 'tarnished' because you have been raped.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote