View Single Post
Old 17-09-2020, 15:13   #88
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Accessible TV Guide is now showing on 555 on the EPG.

I was expecting to see the Coming Soon slate I saw on Twitter the other days, but the TV I've looked on just now says "invalid service" when I go to 555.

The slate mentions Freeview Play, so it may be it doesn't show in non-Play branded devices.

The other Freeview changes mentioned in the previous post have happened here. At least the ones I'd normally receive on that particular TV.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

I've tried an even older Freeview device and it doesn't show the slate either, so I guess that confirms it as Freeview Play only. Hardly surprising as it sounded too complicated for old hardware to deliver an alternative EPG via a channel tune.

The description on the EPG says "An easy to read and navigate TV guide, helping viewers to find shows that have Subtitles, Sign Language or Audio Description - just connect you Freeview Play device to the internet to get started."
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote