View Single Post
Old 23-01-2004, 17:18   #1
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Question Phantom Phone Call on my bill. Will more follow???

Just got my Bill to Jan 14th and noticed it was 6p more than usual. Hmm strange better look at this.

Well apparantly I made a phone call on the 14th.

While I do have an NTL phone socket, nothing is plugged into it and it is fairly inaccessable. Nobody else in the house (my wife and 15month old) have pulled a phone from another socket walked to this one, plugged the phone in and called a random local number that also happens to be an NTL line.

Called NTL and got through in 30 seconds, on both calls. The first CSR tried to convince me I must have made the call told me when and where (as not itemised), even called the number to tell me who it was (no idea).

Called again (30 seconds again), the second CSR I spoke to, (I was going to let the billing go through but then got really narked) agreed that I was probably telling the truth. My bill is 72.99 a month every month without fail - I use BT for my voice comms - agreed to credit the call on next months bill.

But...
How did it get on there?
Will I see more next month?
Is someone abusing my NTL line?

NTL cannot tell me this they say they can only see call charges once they are billed. Is this true? I don't want a suprise when the next billing cycle comes around?
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote