View Single Post
Old 14-11-2011, 14:28   #26
Caroline Ireson
Inactive

Caroline Ireson is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Very happy with new deal-Samsung Galaxy S2

I have had my Samsung Galaxy for the past 6 weeks or so and love it BUT I am unable to receive or send MMS and Picture Messages.

Having reported this as a problem on the 31 October I am still waiting for the techies to get back to me. I have mailed them twice as a reminder and all I get it an auto generate e-mail saying that they may take up to 5 days to get back to me.

When I reported via the 789 help line the lady I spoke to was extremely helpful but even with all the suggestions she couldn't resolve it so asked me to stay on the line and wait for one of the techies to speak to me. 45 minutes later I gave up.

Very disappointed with this support. Up until now Virgin has been very good but since I had to pay to update my phone to the Galaxy, because my contract had another year to run, I am not happy that this phone cannot do what my old phone was able to do.

I am not sure if this is a problem with the phone or the mobile networrk. I do get texts telling me to go to the Virgin Mobile message site but that too is now down so still cannot access the picture or MMS messages.

An additional problem is that I have a specific notification sound set up for my texts and that doesn't work either. Now I think that is related to the phone.

WOW - within seconds of my posting the above I got a call from Virgin who immediately put me in contact with a techie and all is now sorted. In case anyone else has the same problem - check to see that your Package Data (Menu, Applications, Setting, Wireless and Network, Mobile Networks .

Thank you Virgin techies I am now a happy bunny
Caroline Ireson is offline   Reply With Quote