Thread: General Agree a new deal
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2023, 16:04   #3
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: Agree a new deal

In my experience, VM won't contact you to tell you about the price increase, it will just happen and once it does, you won't get the additional charge back even if you negotiate a new price.
What I've done in previous years is call Retentions a month before your discounts end - I find the phone App is the easiest way to find exactly when this is - and negotiate then. My Promotions & Discounts end on 14 June 2023, so I will be calling them mid-May.
It's a good idea to get some quotes from alternative suppliers and to be aware what VM are currently offering new customers. Ultimate Volt is now being offered to new customers at £75/m for 18 months (Gig1 Fibre Broadband, 230+ channels with Entertainment, Anytime chatter, Netflix Standard + O2 unlimited sim) https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/broadband-and-sim
With Sky likely to be pushing its Now, Stream and Glass services in 2023 you should be able to get a competitive alternative that VM will react to in negotiations.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote