View Single Post
Old 18-04-2018, 11:06   #152
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: U.S, UK and France Launch Missile Strikes in Syria

Me thinks an issue today is not how competent a leader is but how competent they appear to be, especially on the media.

Mrs May and her cabinet could (and do) have information we don't and may needed to act more swiftly than could be done with a recall of parliament. They fulfilled the legal requirement and acted in coordination with our allies. Her issue then is how to communicate that without "leaking" any secrets and not appearing to be either weak (at the beck and call of the US) or overly aggressive or indecisive or arrogant.

We elect our leaders and give them certain powers and expect them to use them. If we agree with them there isn't too much of a problem but if we don't we think they shouldn't use those powers without much discussion first.