View Single Post
Old 20-03-2018, 09:36   #9
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: PC taking an age to load

I've also suffered the "glacial machine" effect on a couple of occasions and this is on a PC (XP SP2) that has no Windows updates and any other updates are "ask me"

The slowness seems to kick in just before the welcome message comes in and desktop GUI loads up so that may be the responsible program.

I suspect that one of the Windows modules (Explorer?) fails to load properly and ends up hogging the machine resources. The only solution seems to be a re-boot when you can finally get the machine to respond. Even then it takes an eternity to shut down un-responsive processes.

I suspect explorer as some of the desktop modules on the task bar (Such as Nvidia desktop) never load.