Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 12:32   #3333
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I did indeed say that I firmly believed that Theresa May would be able to secure a deal with the EU when the negativists on here claimed that we would not get past phase 1 of the talks. Remember that, Andrew?

Well, she got past phase 1 and went on to secure a deal with the EU. It's Parliament, not the EU who have failed to sign it off.

She could have done even better and achieved a very good deal, but she caved. We will see if the next PM can do better.

[Admin Insert: Reply to now deleted post-removed]
I don't think Theresa May by any stretch of imagination came back with what you optimistically predicted to be a great deal. She came back with a poorly-negotiated Withdrawal Agreement which was flawed from the start when she activated Article 50 without a plan.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Just watched Andrew marr interview Gove ,what an oily little weasel of a creep this man is ,if he becomes PM we will never get out of the EU.
I think the latter point more than compensates for his former.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Qualifications required to be the new leader of the Conservative party.

1/ A congenital liar
2/ Disloyal
3/ Untrustworthy and irresponsible
4/ Take drugs
5/ Incompetent
6/ Egoistic
How does the screening work?
Are you a congenital liar? Please answer Yes or No