Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 11:45   #3329
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I did indeed say that I firmly believed that Theresa May would be able to secure a deal with the EU when the negativists on here claimed that we would not get past phase 1 of the talks. Remember that, Andrew?

Well, she got past phase 1 and went on to secure a deal with the EU. It's Parliament, not the EU who have failed to sign it off.

She could have done even better and achieved a very good deal, but she caved. We will see if the next PM can do better.

[Admin Insert: Reply to now deleted post-removed]
What deal is that? There is NO ongoing deal on offer from the EU. Unless you count the WA as an underhand, backdoor indefinite deal.

Not sure how continued freedom of movement, submitting to EU rules and the ECJ, no outside trade deals allowed, could be classed as a good deal. The only thing the EU "gave up" was our money, and they're still going to get a huge chunk of it.

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
No, it's widespread. However people that don't vote will have no one to blame but themselves.

They could make voting easier i.e at the weekend like any normal country, online voting etc. However I have a feeling those in power don't want to increase turnout,...
Surely voting has to be a carefully considered activity and purposefully done. Not something that is done casually and thought to have no big impact, such as voting for Love Island or X factor etc.